LASIK is a fast and safe procedure that delivers results almost immediately. Recovery periods are usually quite short, with patients generally experiencing clearer vision in one to three days. Most people are even able to drive and return to work the day after their surgery.
After your procedure, you’ll go home with eye drops to help lubricate and heal your eyes. Your ICON Eyecare surgeon will provide instructions on exactly when and how to use these drops, but you can expect to use them consistently for about a week.
What to Expect After LASIK
It’s normal to experience some blurriness and fluctuations in your vision during your recovery. Your doctor will check in with you the day after your procedure to make sure your eyes are healing properly. After that, regular follow-up visits will be scheduled for up to a year to monitor your vision. These visits are all included in the cost of your LASIK procedure, so you should expect no additional fees.
In rare cases, if your vision hasn’t stabilized to desired clarity within three to six months after LASIK, your surgeon may recommend an enhancement procedure to sharpen your eyesight. If needed, an enhancement is included at no charge and again, rarely occur. If you have further questions about this, your doctor will be happy to discuss them during your FREE consultation.
Protecting Your Eyes After LASIK
During your recovery, you should take certain precautions to protect your eyes. Be sure to:
- Wear your protective eye shields for 1 week after your procedure to prevent irritation and allow your eyes to heal.
- Stay away from irritants like smoke, dust, and dirt in the week following your surgery.
- Avoid using eye makeup or moisturizer for at least a week.
- Stay away from all sports for the first few days after surgery and more strenuous contact sports for at least a month.
- Avoid the use of hot tubs or swimming pools for 1 week post procedure
- Invest in a pair of safety goggles or sports glasses with polycarbonate lenses to protect your eyes during any activities that may increase your risk of injury.
At ICON Eyecare, our experienced surgeons have helped thousands of patients achieve better vision and experience life without the hassle of glasses or contacts.
Ask ICON Eyecare Patients!
Don’t just take it from us: want to hear what past ICON Eyecare patients have to say about their experience? Click here to see how easy the procedure was and how their lives have improved after LASIK.
Schedule Your VIP Consultation.
For fastest service during the hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday, call us at 720-307-4794. Otherwise, fill out the form below to schedule your VIP consultation.