Uveitis and Retina Specialist
Ashley Sturdy, M.D., uveitis specialist at ICON Eyecare, specializes in the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, as well as all uveitic conditions. Dr. Sturdy completed her Fellowship in Ocular Immunology and Uveitis from the renowned Johns Hopkins University at the Wilmer Eye Institute.
She earned her medical degree at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and completed her residency at the University of Colorado Denver and Health Sciences Center.
She is a published author and has given a multitude of professional lectures and presentations. She takes pride in making a positive difference for her patients.
Her personal interests include all things Colorado, specifically alpine skiing, running and hiking. Dr. Sturdy lives in Denver with her husband and four children.
- Johns Hopkins University/Wilmer Eye Institute
- Fellowship in Ocular Immunology and Uveitis
- University of Colorado Denver and Health Sciences Center
- 07/10-06/13 – Residency, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Tennessee College of Medicine – Erlanger Hospital
- 07/09-06/10 – Transitional Year Internship
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- 07/05-05/09 – Medical Degree
University of Georgia
- 08/01-12/04 – Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude
Licenses & Certifications
- 05/15 – Colorado Medical License
- 06/13 – Maryland Medical License
Distinctions & Honors
- 2007 – Medical School AMA Medical Scholars Fund
- 2007 – Montgomery Scholarship
- 2007 – Billy & Sally Gore Scholarship
- 2006 – NIH Summer Research Fellow
- 2004 – Undergraduate Phi Beta Kappa
- 2004 – George Young Scholarship
- 2002 – National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- 2001-2004 – Top Ten Percent
- 2001 – Presidential Scholar
Biomedical Research Publications
- Laing AE, Seibold LK, Soohoo JR, Kahook MY. Evaluation of bleb characteristics after implantation of the EX-PRESS® glaucoma filtration device. Mol Vis 2012; 18:10-3.
- Soohoo JR, Seibold LK, Laing AE, Kahook MY. Bleb morphology and histology in a rabbit model of glaucoma filtration surgery using Ozurdex, or mitomycin-C. Mol Vis 2012; 18:714-715.
- Fischer PE, Fabian TC, Magnotti LJ, Schroeppel TJ, Bee TK, Maish GO, Savage SA, Laing AE, Barker AB, Croce MA. A ten-year review of enterocutaneous fistulas after laparotomy for trauma. J Trauma 2009; 67(5):924-8.
Presentations & Lectures
- Laing AE. Indications, Techniques, and Outcomes with the Dexamethasone Intravitreal Implant.
- 26th Annual Current Concepts in Ophthalmology, Baltimore, MD December 5, 2013.
- Laing A, Jung J, McCourt E, Braverman R. Electroretinograms Ordered for Vigabatrin Use at Children’s Hospital Colorado. ARVO Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA May 8, 2013.
- Jung J, Laing A, McCourt E, Braverman R. Analysis of Electroretinograms Performed from 2009 to 2011 at Children’s Hospital Colorado. ARVO Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA May 8, 2013.
- Bratton EM, Laing A, Ramakrishnan V, Durairaj VD. Combined Endonasal and Orbital Approach for Ethmoidal Osteoma. Advances in Orbital Oncologoy and Oculofacial.