Having an eye problem that causes your vision to be clouded can be scary. Cataracts affect millions of people every year, and clouded vision is just one of the many symptoms associated with the condition. Unfortunately, people with cataracts can also experience other symptoms, such as:
- Less-vivid color perceptions
- Lowered ability to see well after dark
- Difficulty focusing on objects either near or far away
If you have been diagnosed with cataracts or you suspect that you have them, it can be difficult to face the changes in your vision. However, what you may not know is cataract surgery is considered one of the safest, most successful types of surgery.
A Look at the Benefits of Cataract Surgery
Beyond the fact that cataract surgery can restore your vision, there are several other advantages to consider, including:
- Cataract surgery is a brief procedure, usually done on an outpatient basis
- Cataract surgery comes along with very few major risks and health concerns
- Cataract surgery can be done on your terms when you decide you are ready
Even though cataracts can be bothersome, they are not directly harming your eyes. Therefore, if you decide to wait a few years to have the surgery, that is your decision to make.
Discuss Cataract Surgery with Your Eye Doctor
If you have cataracts, it is best to discuss your condition openly with your eye doctor at ICON Eyecare. We will go over the specifics of your situation and help you decide when or if you want to have cataract surgery performed. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment.
Hear from our Cataract Surgeons
Meet Dr. Litoff: Cataract Surgery Timing
Meet Dr. Litoff: Cataract Surgery Expectations