If you suffer from astigmatism or are nearsighted or farsighted, you’re likely to be a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery. This quick, safe, and highly effective procedure restores clear eyesight in most patients in one to three days. Performed on an outpatient basis in your eye doctor’s office, you’ll be given a local anesthesia to numb the eye area prior to the procedure. Your doctor may also administer an oral medication designed to help you relax during the surgery.
LASIK eye surgery recovery time is minimal, typically up to a few days. In very rare circumstances, recovery can last up to a week. However, the vast majority of patients report feeling no pain and very little discomfort during LASIK surgery, and most are able to return to work and perform everyday tasks such as driving their vehicles on the next day.
What to Expect After the Procedure
Your eye doctor will send you home with lubricating eye drops to promote healing. The usual recommendation is that patients use these for about a week. You will also be provided with a list of detailed instructions on how and when to use these eye drops.
LASIK eye surgery side effects can include some blurriness of vision during their recovery period from the procedure. An appointment will be scheduled for the day following the surgery so the doctor can ensure that your recovery is proceeding on pace and that no complications have arisen. Follow up visits will be scheduled for the next year so that your eye doctor can monitor your vision. These visits are all included in the overall cost of LASIK surgery.
We’re here to answer any questions you may have, so please contact us by phone or through our convenient online contact form for more information.
Protecting Your Eyes After LASIK
During your recovery, you should take certain precautions to protect your eyes. Be sure to:
- Wear your protective eye shields for 1 week after your procedure to prevent irritation and allow your eyes to heal.
- Stay away from irritants like smoke, dust, and dirt in the week following your surgery.
- Avoid using eye makeup or moisturizer for at least a week.
- Stay away from all sports for the first few days after surgery and more strenuous contact sports for at least a month.
- Avoid the use of hot tubs or swimming pools for 1 week post procedure
- Invest in a pair of safety goggles or sports glasses with polycarbonate lenses to protect your eyes during any activities that may increase your risk of injury.
At ICON Eyecare, our experienced surgeons have helped thousands of patients achieve better vision and experience life without the hassle of glasses or contacts.
Ask ICON Eyecare Patients!
Don’t just take it from us: want to hear what past ICON Eyecare patients have to say about their experience? Click here to see how easy the procedure was and how their lives have improved after LASIK.
Schedule Your VIP Consultation.
For fastest service during the hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday, call us at 720-307-4794. Otherwise, fill out the form below to schedule your VIP consultation.