We get asked if LASIK is safe by a lot of patients considering eye surgery.
- LASIK is one of the most commonly performed elective surgeries in the US
- Over 600,000 patients get LASIK surgery in the US each year
- Nearly 99% are happy with their LASIK vision improvements
The risks are low, and the benefits are high.
LASIK is considered the safest eye procedure to correct vision. The effective surgery is a fit for many with nearsighted, farsighted or astigmatism issues. Clarity usually occurs quickly after the 15-minute outpatient procedure and those changes last.
There are potential side effects, like dry eyes, glare, starbursts and halos. But that is why finding the right surgeon is so important. Around 96-98% of patients receive 20/20 vision or better.
The American Refractive Surgery Council recommends:
- A surgeon with at least 10,000 successful LASIK surgeries
- A surgeon that meets LASIK screening process requirements
- A surgeon willing to answer questions and make you comfortable
- No pressure or sales pitch approach
- A surgeon that doesn’t over-promise results or ignore potential risk factors
LASIK at ICON Eyecare
A great clinic and surgeon aren’t going to try to “sell” their services as a sales pitch. They are going to keep their patient’s interest in the forefront of their services. If you want to consider LASIK, schedule your free consultation with us today and let us answer all your safety and risk questions!
A Team of Experts.
With decades of combined experiences, ICON’s doctors provide industry-leading LASIK Surgery using the latest, advanced technology.
Hear about the best thing our patients & doctors have ever seen.
Traci: The Best Thing I've Ever Seen #SeeGoodness
The Best Thing Josh Has Ever Seen #SeeGoodness
Dr. Kim: The Best Thing I've Ever Seen #SeeGoodness
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Please fill out the form below to request your General Eye Care Exam, Cataract Evaluation, Free LASIK Consultation, or other eye care appointment. A Patient Care Representative will be in touch within 24 business hours to confirm your appointment.